Welcome to Andover
Andover is located just 25 miles north of Boston, less than 45 minutes from beaches, 15 minutes to tax-free New Hampshire and an hour from the White Mountains.
Deeply rooted in New England history, Andover’s beauty, relaxed atmosphere, access to two MBTA stations, and location have made it one of the most desirable towns in Massachusetts.
Shops, cafes, boutiques, and restaurants anchor the vibrant downtown area. A wealth of civic and family-oriented activities keeps residents busy and with hundreds of acres of conservation land, there is plenty of room to roam.
Its public, parochial, and private schools, including Phillips-Academy-Andover, The Pike School, and nearby Brooks Academy, are some of the finest academic institutions in the world.
Andover Real Estate Insights
Property is in high demand in Andover as there is a reduced inventory, meaning there are more potential buyers than sellers. The median sales price for homes in Andover in November 2020 is $692,500; which is an increase of 24.8% compared to the market prices in November 2019. The average price per square footage of homes in the town of Andover is $286 and days on the market in October 2020 was 53 days.
- High Plain Elementary School (Public K-5)
- Henry C. Sanborn Elementary School (Public K-5)
- Bancroft Elementary School (Public K-5)
- South Elementary School (Public K-5)
- West Elementary School (Public Pre-K-5)
- Doherty Middle School (Public 6-8)
- Wood Hill Middle School (Public 6-8)
- West Middle School (Public 6-8)
- Andover High School (Public 9-12)
- Greater Lawrence Technical School (Public 9-12)
- St. Augustine Catholic School (Private PreK-8)
- Phillips Academy (Private 9-12)
- Shawsheen School (Public Pre-K-2)
- Pike School (Private Pre-K-9)
- Andover School of Montessori (Private Pre-K-8)
- Professional Center for Child Development (Private Pre-K-1)
From upscale dining to national chains, family-friendly restaurants, steak houses and ethnic restaurants, the restaurant scene in Andover is vibrant.
- La Fina
- Grassfields Steak & Seafood
- Bueno Malo
- 34 Park
- Casa Blanca Mexican
- Elm Square Oyster
- Oak & Iron Brewing
- Smythe & Dove Steak
- Piazzo Pizza
- Thai Sweet Basil
- Gati Thai Bistro
- The Chateau
Andover Parks, Nature & Recreation
With hundreds of acres of conservation area, a world-famous art gallery, an active town recreation program and a seasonal farmers market, there is always something to do in Andover.
- Phillips Academy Addison Art Gallery
- Andover Historical Society
- Harold Parker State Forest
- Pomps Pond
- Ward Reservation
- Cormier Youth Center
- Andover Recreation Program
- Farmers Market