Welcome to Haverhill
Located just 35 miles north of Boston and bordered by the New Hampshire border and 17 miles from the Atlantic Ocean. Haverhill’s downtown has been experiencing a resurgence, drawing families, students, young professionals, and empty nesters looking for affordable housing. A MBTA Commuter Rail, public bus routes and proximity to Rte. 495, Rte. 113, and Rte. 125 make it an ideal city for commuters.
A walk or drive through the city and surrounding neighborhoods and you are reminded of its history as one of the nation’s leading shoe manufacturing cities. The shoe factories are long since gone, now converted into luxury apartments, but the sole of Haverhill’s roots remains. Large, colorful shoe statues dot the streets, neighborhood, and parks in this up-and-coming city, sponsored by The Soles of Haverhill art project. The downtown’s brick storefronts provide residents with many food choices, cozy cafes, boisterous bars, and craft breweries.
The Buttonwoods Museum, The Museum of Printing, and The Dustin-Garrison, pay homage to Haverhill’s role in the Industrial Revolution. The Weitzman Initiative for the Arts and Industry, currently in construction, will be a state of the art performing arts center and museum, located in downtown along the Merrimack River.
Winnekani Park, with over 700 acres of conservation land and two bodies of water is a favorite recreation spot with walking trails, the famous Winnekenni Castle, open spaces, benches, and picnic areas.
Lake Saltonstall is a favorite summer spot for Haverhill residents to enjoy swimming, boating, picnicking, and fishing. A 1.66 mile walking path, summer farmers market, festivals, and fairs provide endless fun opportunities for fun and exercise.
Northern Essex Community College, U Mass Lowell and the newly opened Lupoli Family Culinary Arts Institute call Haverhill home and so should you.
Haverhill Real Estate Insights
Haverhill continues to grow in popularity for home buyers due to its affordability, location, MBTA station, and downtown revitilization. The median sales price for homes in Haverhill in November 2020 is $420,000. The average price per square footage of homes in the neighborhood of Haverhill is $243 and the average days on the market in November 2020 was 27 days.
- Greenleaf School Elementary School (Public K-2)
- Golden Hill Elementary School (Public K-4)
- Pentucket Lake Elementary School (Public K-4)
- Silver Hill Horace Mann Charter School (Public K-5)
- Caleb Dustin Hunking School (public K-8)
- Hill View Montessori Charter School (Public K-8)
- Tilton Elementary School (Public 1-4)
- Dr. Paul Nettle Middle School (Public 5-8)
- Consentino Middle School (Public 5-8)
- John G. Whittier Middle School (Public 5-8)
- Haverhill Alternative School (Public 7-12)
- Whittier Regional Vocational (Public 9-12)
- Haverhill High School (Public 9-12)