Welcome to Methuen
Methuen is located 40 miles northwest of Boston, 5 miles from the New Hampshire border, and a half-hour from area beaches. It is a mid-sized city that offers its residents a dense suburban feel. Methuen’s many parks, playgrounds, the Methuen Rail Trail, and Forest Lake allow residents to roam, play, and explore. An active recreation program and community events including parades, fireworks, the Festival of Trees, a seasonal farmers market, and fairs, make Methuen a popular city for families and young professionals to buy a home. Methuen offers many coffee shops, restaurants, eateries, cafes, and shopping in Methuen.
Methuen Real Estate Insights
The median sales price for homes in Methuen in November 2020 is $395,000; which is an increase of 2.3% compared to the market prices in November 2019. The average price per square footage of homes in the city of Methuen is $232 and days on the market in November 2020 was 27 days.
- Marsh Grammar School (Public PreK-8)
- Comprehensive Grammar School (Public Pre-K-8)
- Tenney Grammar School (Public PreK-8)
- Donald P Timony Grammar (Public PreK-8)
- Methuen High School (Public 9-12)
- St. Monica School (Private K-8)
- Presentation of Mary Academy (Private 9-12)
- Islamic Academy (Private PreK-8)
- Fellowship Christian Academy (Private Pre-K-8)