Welcome to North Andover
Located just 30 miles from Boston and home to Merrimack College and the prestigious Brooks School, North Andover is a thriving town with a small-town feeling. Stately Colonials, brick sidewalks, and endless fieldstone walls give it old-world charm.
An active community, great location, and good schools make it an ideal town for families and young professionals. From nature trails and conservation land to the North Andover Youth Center, ponds, playgrounds, beautiful Lake Cochichewick, and local farms all provide endless hours of entertainment for its residents.
Old North Andover Common is host to a variety of activities including the annual Sheep Shearing Festival and North Andover’s Fall Festival. In the summer, residents enjoy water activities at Stevens Pond, Delano Pond, and Stearns Pond, an outdoor concert series on the common, or visiting the gardens at The Stevens-Coolidge Place.
An active restaurant and retail scene are just two more reasons why North Andover continues to be one of the most desirable towns in greater Boston and has been named one of the nation’s best places to live.
North Andover Real Estate Insights
Property is in high demand in North Andover due to its location, small-town feel, good schools and moderate home prices. The median sales price for homes in North Andover in June 2021 is $830,000. The average days on the market in June 2021 was 16 days.
North Andover Schools
- Annie L Sargent Elementary School (Public K-5)
- Kittredge Elementary Elementary School (Public K-5)
- Franklin Elementary School (Public K-5)
- Atkinson Elementary School (Public Pre-K-5)
- Thomson Elementary School(Public K-5)
- North Andover Middle School (Public 6-8)
- North Andover High School (Public 9-12)
- The Brooks School (Private 9-12)
- St. Michael’s School (Private PreK-12)
- Merrimack College
North Andover Restaurants
- Café Azteca
- Lots of Eats Thai Kitchen
- Burtons Grill & Bar
- Jaime’s Restaurant
- Joe Fish Seafood Restaurant & Bar
- The Loft Restaurant
- China Blossom
- Harrison’s Roast Beef
North Andover Parks, Nature & Recreation
- Harold Parker State Forest
- Weir Hill
- Rogers Center for the Arts
- Boston Spring Hill Farm
- Steven’s Pond
- North Andover Youth Center
- Boxford State Forest
- AVIS trails (Andover Village Improvement Society)
- Farmers Market
- North Andover Youth & Recreation Services
- Herman Youth Center
- Smolak Farms